Return it and be done with it before you waste any more time.

I'll spend a little time now to save you lots later.
Learn, because it cost me lots, so you can benefit from my experience.

Stihls got a good reputation, no doubt about it.
That's why I read all kinds of review s forums, personal recommendations from loggers before starting my own business a while back. Bought the recommended Pro saw for commercial work brand new out of the box from the local retailer.

I then asked the owner to show me how to start it because I had jobs lined up and if anyone would know he would. BTW, I've started and used other brands over the years, but this would certify that I was doing things RIGHT WITH HIS SAW, because he was showing me.
He couldn't start it. He had the shop change the plug and fresh fuel etc.. it turned over and eventually ran before stalling. I asked for a replacement and he refused. Said they do that until broken in. It'll improve...blah blah blah.
Suuure... they do....

I worked with it until I was sore and tired. Stacking logs was easier.

Other than no chain throw,
I had the exact same issue as you over and over taking it back for service and the owner would hide.
It never ran right now matter who at his shop serviced it costing umpteen hours waiting... Demanded refund got me nowhere so thought I'd have to get my attorney involved. Didn't go that route yet.
I demanded a new replacement or refund after losing a bunch of jobs that month... thousands of dollars!

I contacted the company to complain about their retailer eventually getting somewhere with upper corporate....long story and too long to go there.

Short is the owner was mad for me getting him in trouble and finally gave back my money. It costs way too much time and trouble and loss Money that I'll never buy a Stihl again.

I got an online price for a better Husquavarna Pro saw....went to Lowe's. The general manager price matched it and I've been a happy camper ever since.
Is husky normally better than Stihl,? No, probably not, but they're on par. Except this one outperformed that other Stihl in every category and starts on the second pull even after setting all winter. No job too big, but some too small.

Even good rep companies have lemons or bad lots/years. I found out that the year of that one was when the California state EPA standards changed to be cleaner than the dope the EPA was smoking. Stihl complied but their engineers messed that system up and didn't care.

Now is the time, while within the 30 day window to get your money back. Most states are 30 days if still the same as I last checked.

PS: next saw, always use FRESH NON ALCOHOL GAS.
That is available in few stations so call around. Small engine failure is usually from the corn alcohol gas these days. It's sometimes called off road vehicle gas. It won't do it as soon as you described though.

Help this helps
☕ 🙂 👍 🌲🌲🌳🌳🌴🌳🌲

This will too
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=WDEBz25lGdY