You would likely find summits on the air activations interesting.... This guy uses pack goats to haul his gear up... pretty entertaining

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wu2mDr2Eo1U&list=PLAB38550CA8152C5F

Kite antennas are interesting too. A few years ago I spoke with a guy that had just built a $50.00 40 Meter QRP kit. He drove out along the Long Island Sound flew his kite with antenna up. He was running 5 watts and I could hear him up to 10 over 59 in NC. The signal went up and down as the wind blew faster or slower. He was having so much fun he was giggling like a little kid.... He gathered a "pile up" as word spread on the DX cluster. He worked lots of stations for at least an hour. Being over salt water is a big plus.

Location in general is huge. WB8YSQ is maybe 20 miles away from me as the crow flies. My elevation is just below 2900 feet the tower is on a very narrow ridge. Dave is closer to 3000 feet. I spent way more money on my antenna system... on paper it should have noticeably better performance. He consistently gets way stronger signal reports and hears stations I don't... best theory is that his location is 10 miles or more away from another ridge higher than his house.

He picked the spot for dark sky conditions for his observatory but ended up with an outstanding location to play radio.... I'm very happy for him.... I may need to move though grin

Please don't feed the trolls!