Originally Posted by KFWA
we're going to protest the police, but we've asked the police to protect us

but to be honest, that doesn't really sound like Antifa. Sounds like a bunch of idealistic younger kids who are caught up in the moment.

Yep that was my thought as well.

This is the problem with the authorities and the marchers refusing to differentiate between peaceful protestors and violent thugs is it means all protestors have to be treated as thugs.

I personally have no problem with anyone saying anything whether I agree or not as long as they’re peaceful and not practicing nor inciting violence.

By refusing to differentiate and to cooperate with authorities in arranging march routes and such (which happened here in my home) they’re creating a self fulfilling prophecy. Hey say they’re disenfranchised but they’re not; they’re doing it to themselves but refuse to recognize that.

This is all such a mess. Barak was a symptom of the problem but he sure fanned the flames.

Good on these guys for guarding their town and making clear that they weren’t opposed to peaceful protest but to destruction of property. They did a great job IMHO.