Here's my take, for what it's worth: 150K, mostly highway miles, on a 6.7 Ford would be acceptable. This truck is a work truck and probably has lots of short trips around town, which could cause issues in the future.

The EPA has really screwed the American public and made diesels almost unusable for the average American slob. All the mandated EPA equipment causes nothing but problems and, personally, there's no way in hell I'd own an out of warranty diesel unless all that emissions crap was ripped out. There's also the issue of the CP3 vs. the newer CP4 injection pump. By all accounts, the CP4 is a POS and replacement costs thousands - I've read many horror stories. I believe the '15 6.7 has the CP3, but I'd look into that to confirm.

Then there's the price. I agree that 19K is a great price, which is enticing. I've wanted to get a diesel for a long time. Cummins can't be beat, but the truck that's wrapped around it leaves much to be desired. The Ford 6.7 is a much better diesel than either the 6.0 or the 6.4, as stated, but the 6.7 is a very complicated engine compared to the Cummins, which translates into very expensive repairs. I won't even consider a G'ovt Motors Duramax. So what's a fella to do? Well, I'll tell you what I would do if I had the cash: Purchase a '78 Ford F250 Crew Cab and bolt a built 450 HP Cummins 12-Valve into that puppy!

Good luck w/ yer decision.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/17/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue