Originally Posted by SamOlson
I'm gonna check and see if that's still legal.......

Turns awesome into AWESOME.

It's not exactly a question of if it's legal, it's more a question of do they conduct emissions testing when you have your yearly inspection. They don't here in Texas, on heavy-duty trucks, so for all intents and purposes, it's "legal." Emissions related repairs cost big money and they are the main source of problems with these late-model diesels.

But you're correct, ripping the EPA emissions crap out does indeed turn these diesels into beasts. These infernal EPA Emission Controls hamper reliability, mileage and power. They are good for nothing - just endless regulation which increases costs substantially for the avg. American slob.

I drove a few late model deleted (emission controls removed) Ram Cummins trucks that had tuners, chips and exhausts and they were absolute beasts. I was VERY impressed and I'm not easily impressed these days.

If you do go the delete route, be aware that you'll probably blow the transmission at some point. Stock transmissions were not designed to handle that kind of serious power. You'll have to get a built transmission or gearbox specifically designed to handle big horsepower (500+ HP) and that ain't cheap. You also have to make sure that you're tuned correctly and not "rollin' coal" and blowin' black smoke all over Tarnation - you don't want that kind of negative attention - either from environmental wack jobs, who will turn you in, or the law. I imagine you'll be using this as a work truck on your farm, so that probably won't be an issue for you.

Last edited by High_Noon; 06/17/20.

l told my pap and mam I was going to be a mountain man; acted like they was gut-shot. Make your life go here. Here's where the peoples is. Mother Gue, I says, the Rocky Mountains is the marrow of the world, and by God, I was right.
- Del Gue