Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Originally Posted by FishinHank
Street bikes. This guy is on a Harley.

DynaGlide? I have heard they are the best-handling Harley’s, whatever it is the guy obviously had made mods for ground clearance/lean angles.

Once you have the ability to lean, most any motorcycle will corner.

As noted, the guy on the sport bike ran with him pretty easy.

But...... Prob’ly for reasons of ego, he committed the cardinal sin of cornering, multiple times.

He rode faster than he could see.

Only a question of time......

I think your panties need to be changed.

grin

Dude, I didn't own a car until age 44, I got 250,000 miles on motorcycles, 100+mph was frequent, I used to scrape pegs all the time.

I'm also still alive and not a cripple.

Riding faster than you can see; its easy to do, its the motorcycle equivalent of closing your eyes and running a red light

I know two people on sport bikes who t-boned cows that way, another guy on a Sportster hit a trailer home being towed and split his pelvis on the steering stem. A good friend of mine did it in two dimensions; topped a rise at 80 and there was a herd of cattle in the road, somehow stayed upright but lost a hard luggage off of his beemer when it hit a cow's head.

I've done it twice. first time topped a rise at 90 across an open area on a backroad to find an umarked 30mph curve, I prob'ly was doing sixty when I left pavement, no helmet. Got lucky, slid a long way in tall grass next to the bike, bike was in worse shape then me. Second time in the Texas Hill Country, not raining where I was but I topped a steep sided drainage doing eighty, the dip was flooded, maybe 18" deep thirty yards across. Fortunately I was on a tall, skinny KLR, RRRRIIIIIIIPPPPPP!!!!! and a bit of waffling in the front end and I was across, prob'ly woulda planed and lost it on anything with a fairing.

So.... go ahead and get at it ya pu$$y grin

Such a badass! I would be green with envy if I cared.

But I don't

At all.