I own a 6.5 Grendel and two 6x45mms. . The Grendel is a single shot. I got it because of its capability and characteristics. Specifically, a small 6.5 that was deer capable out farther than I normally shoot. The 6x45mm are bolts that I built myself and are just about perfect for central Ontario deer ranges. Farther for coyotes. The cartridges appealed to me because of what they capable of doing, and their efficiency. There are lots of bullets available too.

Because I reload, both are appealing for their simplicity.

WRT the 6x45, 223 Rem cases are cheap, whether you buy them new or buy surplus, once fired cases. The cases are easy to form and, depending on the barrel twist, can handle bullets up to 100 gr. Seating the bullets longer than 2.26 inches in a BA repeater is an advantage over the AR platform.

The 6.5 Grendel isn't quite as cheap, but it's still an efficient cartridge. It has more punch than the 6x45mm for only a few grains more of powder.

I don't think of the firearm. I love being able to play around with cartridges.

Cartridges and firearms are always personal things. I still wonder how many cartridges originally developed for the AR platform are in use in Canada.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]