Originally Posted by Dillonbuck
Ill jump in since it seems more Americans have Canadian views than Canadians.

Those cartridges exist to fit in the space constraints of the AR platform. Unless you have one of a very few actions scaled to fit them, what's the point?

I can load 6x45 or Grendel performance from 6mm/243 or 260/Creed if I want that low performance from a short action.

Given the recoil levels of full power loads, I can't imagine a reason to If I'm trying to suit a kid, lower pressured rounds would help noise levels slightly. Advantage bigger rounds.
. 223 I can see due to high volume varmints. Thats not me though.

Not if CZ would change their safety and price the guns like they were in the past? A Grendel or a 7.62x39 would be cool as hell in a tiny 527 Carbine.

JMHO

Since the 6x45mm is a necked up 223, any action chambered to the 223 should work just fine. Do you think that the action should be scaled down to a mini Mauser size? I had a mini Mauser in 7.62x39. I found it was like carrying a toy rifle. I guess we all have our preferences. smile

Originally Posted by rost495
IMHO the range is much longer than 150. Having done almost to 600 and just fine results of 75s at about 2700. Its bullet choice and where you hit em.

I haven't shot anything with my 6x45s past 250 to 300 yd, but they were coyotes, not deer. Personally, I wouldn't use a 6x45mm for deer for distances past about 150 yd, but that's a personal choice.

Safe Shooting!
Steve Redgwell
www.303british.com

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please. - Mark Twain
Member - Professional Outdoor Media Association of Canada
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]