Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by jrumsey
Steve thanks for the info, think I will just go without sending in the dummy cartridge. Just going to let them know I plan on using 70 to 90 grain bullets.

With components being so scarce now I am looking at what all I have here to load. Got a couple thousand 6mm bullets and plenty of 223 brass to keep me shooting for a long time. I do shoot and load for the 6.5 Grendel and 6.8 SPC among lots of other chamberings but right now the 6x45 is looking pretty good to me.

I think you'll like it. My rifles are both 1 in 10 twist and shoot 70 to 90 grain bullets just fine. This target is 40 shots with two different bullets, shooting into 2.4 inches. The 6x45mm is capable of great accuracy. In this case, the accuracy was helped by a Shilen SM barrel. The cases weren't Lapua, Starline or any of the high priced brass. They were once fired military brass opened up to 6mm. When you launch an 85 gr bullet at 2700-2750 fps, it has an effective range of about 150 yards on deer.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

This target was the very first I fired after loading up some home made 76 gr. bullets. Like the 223, the 6x45mm isn't finicky WRT loads or bullets. Some shoot better than others, but you won't have to work very hard to find a load that works.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

IMHO the range is much longer than 150. Having done almost to 600 and just fine results of 75s at about 2700. Its bullet choice and where you hit em.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....