One of the first posters said he shoots a bullet at 3,700 fps. With the " new bullets" . With all that speed , and if the bullet doesn't break up, that changes everything. At 3,700 fps, that is twice the speed of some of those old 32 special and older 30-30 loads. I just dont think you need as much bullet as you used to need. The guys who say bunk with the . 22cal. and then a bunch of guys say the results are fantastic, you cant just say they are imagining it. I laugh sometimes cause 8 yrs ago I went from a .270 Win to a .243 Win . and felt that was a bit light. If you take a bullet at 3,700 fps. That is not a bullet anymore, it's a bomb when it hits the vitals and I imagine it is as much as the concussion as much as the blood loss. If you double the speed, you quadruple the foot pounds . . My next gun will likely be a .223 Rem. with a small frame for walking. No added weight for the bullets like my 45-70 Gov. I swear 10 rounds adds a pound in my pocket with that gun.

But the fruits of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,faithfulness, Gentleness and self control. Against such things there is no law. Galations 5: 22&23