I used two 1-lb coffee cans full for three coats on a 54 x 60 ' bedroll. That actually turned out to be too much and I had to remove some. I made a mistake and used a toilet bowl ring for the first batch, these used to be beeswax but are now petrolatum which is more like cosmoline. You will need quite a bit about 4-6 oz. per square foot for three coats. A gallon may do it especially if you dilute it slightly.

Best to apply hot and I keep the mix in a hot water bath and then use a heat gun or hair dryer to help it soak in. I have been known to throw the items in a commercial dryer at the laundromat and then high tail it out of there.

Just avoid bee stings and do not get honey on your tent in bear country, although bee propalis is an excellent preservative. Some people add paraffin but I didn't find it very useful. Do a google search there is a lot of info at the various sites on this.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli