In case you don't look up other sources. Heat this outside and an electric burner is best. Or a sand bath or double boiler. Heat the oil first and then add shaved wax, remove from the heat source and add turpentine. I would start with a 1/4,1/4, 1/2 mix at first the half being turpentine. Wash or dispose of all applications items in a water bath as they can spontaneously combust.

Forgot to add that for most applications I add pine tar. It will alter the color from light tan to almost olive brown depending on how much you use. This adds to the mold and mildew resistance and helps keep the fabric pliable. The Stockholm Tar is the best and Birch tar is good too, they both smell great. The Ferriers Pine tar works but stinks in most peoples opinion. I have grown to like it but it smells more like asphaltum than pine tar..

Last edited by Tejano; 06/21/20.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli