Originally Posted by usull
Hubert , is your Ruger Scoped ? Head shots at 40 0r 50 Yards is quite a feat . A 20 pound Chuck is an enormous Chuck in the North Eastern States . I guess the farher South you go , the easier it is for them to fatten up with more days to munch on greens .The local Sports Store used to have Chuck Contests each Summer and usually anything around 12- 16 Pounds would win a Prize . Whistle Pigs ( and I have seen many stand-up to a Whistle ) were all over the place when I was a kid . Now the Coyote-Hybrids are all over the place and Chucks are rare to see except around small town Borders .

I read this & wondered about the weight I stated of the sow that I won money with. I went to Wiky they said a 14 pound average. Hell, my memory could be poor of the numbers, as most know they do tend to grow over time, or the scales could have been off some. But I do know she was a lot bigger than any of the others. My hunting pardner knew before they weighed, for as soon as they announced a prize for the biggest, he headed to the truck. He brought her back, threw her down & while pointing to me he told them to just go on and pay me cause this is the winner. It was.