Originally Posted by rem shooter
Iam from West Virginia ,we love to eat groundhog their .As a kid my dog hated groundhogs ,we would walk the pasture fence line , woods on other side. If he jumped a groundhog ,he would chase it away from its holes ,and into the woods where it would climb a tree ,i would then head shoot it with a .22 rifle.once it fell down ,dog would grab it and we would have to have a tug of war ,before i got it lol.Mom would boil them then bake them with kechup and Ramps sprinkled on top

Man oh man, I already had lunch and you're making me hungry!
Maybe our West Virginia groundhogs just taste better than the other states because they eat the best greens.... I don't know. One thing I noticed is that out of 50 states represented, only ones bragging about how good they are for food are from here! I've known guys that spend thousands to hunt mules and elk out west. They tell me that our local whitetail taste best by far. They've asked me if I wanted to go?
It's like, why do I want to go half way across the country for chuck and McDonald's burger when there's choice fille' mignon to grill in the back yard? 😄

I did not know they climb trees like that! You just taught me a new way to hunt them.
Thanks rem shooter!