Originally Posted by AcesNeights
Back in the 20’s and early 30’s my grandpa and his trusty horse set off every spring and summer morning to collect as many groundhogs as they could. The 1 penny per tail bounty that the farmers paid him was good money for a 8 year old boy. He said that a box of .22 shells were a nickel and a pack of smokes were a nickel (he was 8yrs old 😬) so he stood to make .40 cents per each box of 50 rounds, assuming he didn’t miss. 😁

The good old days......

That's a cool story.
I keep wondering if/when another great depression hits....banker/corporate "bailouts" and if the world no longer uses the USD FRN as currency eventually, then we might have to go to the fields because the stores will have Soviet style choices... perhaps.
Just a theory... perhaps a conspiracy theory to most Americans. Hope they're right. If not, you've got a boat for fishing and avoiding cities, and a legacy of your grandfather to carry on. Free range organic, grass fed ...tastes great!

"Plus, I was feeling sluggish, because I was eating store bought food. Then I made a recipe with the hog and MAN! BOOM! I felt.like a million bucks for the rest of that week or so.
There's something to be said for healthy food."