Originally Posted by krp
Originally Posted by Valsdad
Shooter's name = Baca.

Pretty old Spanish name around that area, no?

Yep, The Baca's were given land by the king of Spain, Baca land grant, new mexico. 20 years later the american/mexican war put that land under USA territory, then later the US traded or reconfigured the grant into 5 grants including 2 in Az. I've hunted elk along the border of the 'Baca' in NM E of Cuba a couple times.

It always makes me laugh when mexicans claim they are indigenous to the US southwest and want it back, only ones here were the navajo, apache, pima, yavapi, trappers/traders like a relative of mine... and the Bacas'. Mexicans in Mexico were afraid to come here cause the Apaches would kill them.

Kent

I figured right, based on some history I've seen then.

Interesting thing.............Baca, Torrez (family going back 200 years in the area, Gallegos (the APD spokesperson)........all "Hispanic" names.

See what happens when you let them run the show. (sarcasm font is sorely needed).

Going to be a real interesting case to be tried, especially once/if video of events prior to him pushing women shows up.

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?