Shooting Charge Dropped Against Steven Baca

I'm going to leave this here for y'all with a preface: this is a good thing. https://www.krqe.com/news/crime/man...onate-statue-protest-facing-new-charges/

At the end of the day, what happened in your state was unfortunate, but it's going to be very important that you look at it from a logical standpoint. Here are your fact;

1 - A number of the protestors tried to illegally damage public property. The statue is the property of the state, and if you try to tear it down illegally, you are committing a crime.

2 - The Militia violated no laws. You are allowed by the United States Constitution to have a well regulated civilian militia. In an event or circumstance like the current one, where violent riots are wreckin some of biggest cities in the nation, and public police are being defuned or just not showing up... You're going to get militias. The alternative is to have the police do their job.

3 - Steven Baca acted in self defense. He did not have a concealed carry permit. This makes him guilty only of illegally carrying a concealed weapon. If you are attacked by anyone who is hittin you over the head with a wooden or metal object, you can easily be killed, and you have a right to defend yourself.

If the protestors started trying to damage the statue, which they did, then attacking those protestors becomes a legal act. You have the right to defend your property, and public property, and any location where you have a legal right to be. Start thinking about that.

Last edited by rickt300; 06/22/20.

Dog I rescued in January

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]