Received a message from my friend Jan this morning. He forwarded a message from NAPHA (Namibian Professional Hunters Association).

It said in part, that based on the President's announcement, they (NAPHA) are trying to work out an arrangement with the govt to allow "hunting farms" to be considered as "authorized quarantine stations", "one group at a time" for "14-days" minimum and would have "adherence to certain criteria".

Key points would be the "14-days", "one group at a time", "game farms" and "adherence to certain criteria". Based only on those comments from the NAPHA text message, my personal interpretation would be that IF something can be worked out with the govt, then perhaps those PH's/Outfitters who operate from private game farms/ranches might be allowed limited opening. I have read elsewhere that this is similar to what is being considered/being done in RSA.

Upside could be a least some limited relief for those operating from the "family farms", but perhaps not those having to operate out of or over multiple or overlapping concessions. Again, pure speculation on my part.