Had a PM from NDHuntr this morning. He just returned from Namibia last (Sat) night. He's given me permission to post a short synopsis of his buffalo trip to the Waterberg Plateau and some PG hunting afterwords. He's going to post up a trip report when he gets caught up.

He flew Ethiopian Air, business class, from Dulles too. Did the Covid test 72hrs before getting on the plane and they did check his cert. Similar minor confusion in Addis but was easily sorted out and he and everything else arrived on time.

Arrival in Windhoek wasn't too out of the ordinary. They did a facial temp scan when he entered the arrival door area just before the Immigration/Passport control area and also had to fill out a medical questionnaire. I'm guessing something similar they require when there is a regional yellow fever outbreak, but no big deal. He did the email advanced temp firearm import request but was told by the NAMPOL Officer the email had been down due to construction around the terminal. Only two hunters collecting firearms so the regular manual process was easy enough, collected the rest of his stuff and was on his way.

I'll leave the details of his very successful hunt for him to post - Weidmannsheil ND!!!

He did NOT have to get the second or departure Covid test. Just another facial temp scan and contact info while he was in country and show the negative Covid test he took in the US before going over. Only other thing was having to wear the 'face diaper" (my term) on the flights unless eating or drinking.

Officially, the hunting season ends 1 Nov. While there might still be time for a rapid hunt there, it is already getting HOT. At least things are looking up for 2021. I've seen sat imagery that has shown very strong winds blowing west off the Namib desert that were strong enough to be carrying sand a few hundred kilometers off shore. Historically, those kinds of winds are the harbinger of good rains to come. Lord knows they desperately need them.

Congrats again NDHuntr.