Originally Posted by mjbgalt
Sold some guns and looking to consolidate. I have a 6.5 creedmoor, 6.5 Swede, 257 Roberts, and 223. Does it make sense to have a 30 caliber for bigger jobs? Or is there basically zero difference between 6.5 and .308 when it comes to stopping/killing ability due to modern bullet technology?

And yes i am redundant in my rifles but they have varying degrees of different tasks and sentimental attachment.

for deer a 5.56 will kill them fine because I have done it several times, I prefer hunting with my roberts these days, it does everything for me on deer that i want with cheap 117 grain hornady bullets. If you go somewhere you need a bigger gun, get something bigger than a 308, I sold a nice 300wsm because it burned a s--t ton of powder and did nothing on deer that a smaller gun would not do, but again depending on what your hunt you might want something bigger than that. If someone was giving guns away and I had to pick something to take almost anywhere a 375 of some type would not be a bad choice.