I've enjoyed all the comments and agree with nearly all. I am probably repeating myself, but my first Outdoor Life issue was the September 1955 copy. I was just 12.
I was more enthralled with the Lee Yeager article on squirrel hunting-"Waiting Them Out" as I was a squirrel hunter at that age. The writer used a Model 61 Winchester. Later, I realized that my favorite O'Connor story was in the same issue. "We Shot the Tamales". A great read as it has all the facets that have been mentioned here. Next favorite is"Santiago and the Lady Hunter".
Was able to attend the O'Connor shindig in Lewiston last June and was looking forward to this year. The virus thing cancelled it.
The highlight of my Ruger No.1 collecting endeavors was acquiring O'Connor's "21 Club" Ruger No.1 from Kathy in 1988.
And yes, I have all his books, etc.. Can tell you that the hardest item to obtain is the pamphlet "Hunting with a Binocular" from about 1947! I've been offered ridiculous $$ for it, bit have only seen one other!
ENU

Last edited by El_Numero_Uno; 06/28/20.

El Numero Uno
a Serious Collector of the Ruger No.1 rifle;
a Modern Classic Sporting Arm