Hard to tell what's going on in the images below, but if you look closely, you can see vehicles pointed in the wrong direction.

Images were taken near Mt. Hood a few years ago. Took the family up there for fun in the snow. My EXO tires were fairly new, and did great earlier in the day. It was above freezing, with some people spinning out at lower elevation. Once up top, we had good traction, but traffic was bad and there were long delays.

While we sat motionless, waiting for traffic to clear, we started sliding. About a foot or so. The road had some camber. Turned around to get away from the yahoos and ensuing cluster to come. Got stuck in traffic again. It was getting dark and the temp started to drop. Again parked motionless, on an off camber stretch of road.

Then, one car slid sideways towards the oncoming lane, and into the snow bank. Then another. Again, nobody was driving. Everyone was parked. All sorts of cars, trucks, AWD, 4x4, AT tires, MT tires, etc.

It was the typical Portland cluster. People trying to drive without the right gear. Cars started sliding into other cars, and people put themselves in-between. I thought for sure that someone was going to get crushed. I've got some video files stored somewhere.

One guy slid sideways, hit the snow bank, then would drive uphill a ways, and slide sideways back into the bank. That was the only way he could go forward. Subarus, 4x4 mini-trucks, fullsize trucks, etc.. All sliding around, or jammed into the snowbanks.

The only vehicles with traction had snow tires, chains, or oversized AT/MT tires.

I chained all 4 tires and peeled out of there.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

Last edited by 4th_point; 07/01/20.