Originally Posted by 300_savage
I've had mixed success with ice traction on my half ton pickups using AT tires. My current tires on two pickups are Hankook Dynapro ATMs, and they're not bad. Friend of mine swears by his Cooper AT3 4S, but another friends had a set of the original Cooper AT3 and said they were horrible. So, for those of you in the northern climates, what do you think is the best AT light truck tires for winter conditions, ice traction a priority, mostly on pavement but some off-road as well?

I run the DynaPros during the other three seasons.. but for winter, I switch over to the Hankook I Pike RW 11... with Studs...

the rubber is Hydrophilic, getting soft when they get wet...

our winters are wet in Oregon.. but travel up road over the Cascades and in Oregon east of the Cascades.. you see a lot of Snow and Ice, up and over the passes especially...

Nothing does that good on ice...and with the price of vehicles, why go cheap on good winter tires...

I order mine thru Discount Tire Direct...the vehicle I am running these on is a Honda Pilot... 2 WD,

DynoPro RW10s, work pretty well if you have 4 WD....

I run those also on my old 4 Runner.. but now that Oregon is putting salt on the roads over the mountains... I don't drive it much at all in winter times...

I'm also getting a lot of long mileage out of both the RW 10s and the RW 11 I Pike Snows..

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez