Originally Posted by JamesJr
Poisonous snakes are something I've never had to deal with. They're around, especially copperheads, although I've never seen one here on my farm. I have hunted all my life and have yet to see a poisonous snake alive out in the wild. I have ran over a copperhead or two, but that's been it as far as killing one.

Story here...........when I was a rural mail carrier, there was an old house place that was a good place to stop where I could take a leak without being seen. It was all grown up and weedy, and one day as I was stopping to pee, there was a huge copperhead there in the road that had been run over. The thought occurred to me that I might have pizzed on that snake at some point in the past.

We have a lot of them in the immediate area here.

Not sure how many I've killed around the headquarters here. 30-40... maybe more.

Neighbor about 1/2 mile from me started killing them in his yard one day, and killed 9 adult copperheads in one day, right around his house.

Spooked the hell out of his not so country gal wife.. smile

On the upside, the whole area for several miles here has no rattlers. You have to go 25 miles or more to get into rattlers.

Not sure which is worse. I think rattlers are.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!