Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by Dryfly24
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Originally Posted by dale06
My personal rule with venomous snakes is that if they are in an area with a good likelyhood of coming into contact with people or pets, they die without a second’s hesitation. Out in the wild, live and let live...

I grew up in western Ks. Our rule of thumb was, if you see a rattle snake, kill it. Don’t know a person there that had a different philosophy. In the 20 years I lived there I probably killed a dozen.
Knew two people that were bit by them. Both survived but one guy nearly lost an arm.

I know a lot of people with that same philosophy and I totally get it. I just figure they were put here for a purpose just like any other critter - except for tarantulas. I hate the fuggers. Instant death sentence no matter where they are! grin

Tarantulas??? Come on.
What state are you in?

I hate the fuggers with a passion. I’m a northerner since transplanted to NM. Never had to deal with any till I moved down here a couple years ago. Snakes don’t bother me in the least BTW. Even the venomous ones.

What color are they?

Up in WV we even have a tarantula. Its a rare trap door variety that can tolerate our climate. Never saw one.
Have handled some Mexican ones.
They are scary for the size, but the venom is not likely very dangerous.
Black widows like there if I'm not mistaken. We have a bunch in our area. I've walked through their webs and nearly put my hand on them a few times. Door knobs, basketball...

Around here they’re brown to black. Have lots of widows and brown recluse as well. They are the real nasty fuggers. Know a lady that got bit by a recluse and she’s still having issues years later.