Originally Posted by Snyper
I like this type. Carry in your pocket with the loop hanging out.

Stick your thumb through the loop and give it a flip as you pull it out to wrap around your hand.

All the weight is at the end and the braided handle absorbs all the shock to your hand.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

My brother in law was a cop for a while back in the 70's and carried one like this. He showed me how to hook your thumb in the strap and then wrap it over the back of your hand, that way if someone grabbed it and was about to pull you off balance you could easily release it. If it was looped around your wrist they then had a handle they could use to control that arm.

The thing with those is if you have a conversation with someone in the cranial region they tend to produce crushing injuries and lacerations since the force is concentrated in a small area. The flat ones can be used edge on for that effect but that's not what I'm going for. Your comment about shock to the hand made me realize why they have a spring steel shank in the handle.

Mostly just looking for a good quality item and about all I've found is 3-4 places selling these Boston Leather ones and one website that sells fantasy weapons has some no-name brand for under 20 bucks. One old article mentioned a couple of different websites but they must be defunct since the links lead nowhere and one link gave me a big anti-virus warning.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!