Originally Posted by wabigoon
Not as cool, a straight claw hammer. I'm not police, I'd thing if you were hauled in court, the hammer would look more like it was used for self defense than a fancy billy club.

I'm mostly trying to find some options between running and a mag dump at close range. Thinking of getting some good mace in a pocket size container as well. A hammer, a sock and a roll of quarters, even a short piece of pipe filled with lead to be used as a sucker bar inside your fist are all effective but have drawbacks as to ease of carrying or ease of getting into action quickly. The novelty item under consideration can be carried unobtrusively in a back pocket where it can be brought out and used with one motion. If they are all classed as weapons then might as well use one that is proven efficient.

I've made a good living out of minding my own business but with the state of things today one needs to be prepared. And continuing with that, I'm just not sure an old white guy shooting someone who is a real threat of serious injury but who isn't actively in the process of shooting or stabbing me might still land me in a place I don't want to be. Options are good.

Gunnery, gunnery, gunnery.
Hit the target, all else is twaddle!