Originally Posted by CRS
Originally Posted by ingwe
Practice ALL your shooting completely offhand. When you get there they will be using shooting sticks ( similar to a tripod) When you are accustomed to shooting offhand, ANY type of rest seems luxurious and easy...

Practice a LOT! Before my wife first trip she put right at 400 rounds through her '06 wearing a 2.5Xscope. All offhand. End result, 7 one shot kills...

All the ammo/ reloading component costs are cheap in comparison to a lost trophy fee...

I agree 100%. Before my first trip to Namibia I shot over 400 rounds through my 300 H&H. Before my second trip to Zambia, I shot close to 600 rounds through my 375 H&H and 404J.

I practiced off homemade sticks, bog pod, shooting sticks, offhand and even off the bench. It all paid off with no rodeos or lost trophy fees.

Nice to hear I'm not alone. I shot 600 rounds through my .375..offhand before my first safari with it, and another 600 before my second safari with it ( for buffalo)..it paid off HUGE dividends when my only shot opportunity was in the last 20 minutes of a 14 day hunt, had to be done quick and had to be done offhand.

Can't tell you how many guys I know that " practiced" off a bench with a single box of ammo....and paid lost trophy fees...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe