Squidge,

I found the same article. There was one mention of testing budesonide. Testing was in vitro with nasal and trachael cells. The doctor testing it had mixed results. Doctor's conclusion was that treatment with budesonide alone did not decrease the viral titres or RNA levels. To my knowledge no one besides Dr. Bartlett has done human testing rather than in vitro cells.

The article which will be linked below was not peer reviewed. It did mention that Inhaled ciclesonide works on covid 19.

"Matsuyama et al also screened drugs from a chemical library and ciclesonide, fluticasone, and mometasone furoate (all inhaled corticosteroids) were included in the list of drugs screened.4 In this instance, the cytopathic effect caused by MERS-CoV infection was measured to evaluate viral replication when cells were treated with these four steroid compounds. Ciclesonide conferred a >95% cell survival rate, exhibited low cytotoxicity and resulted in potent suppression of viral replication. They authors investigated the antiviral effects of steroids against other respiratory viruses including HCoV-229E (one of the causes of the common cold) and SARS-CoV. Ciclesonide and mometasone suppressed replication of these viruses. The authors sought to investigate the viral drug target, by conducting 11 consecutive MERS-CoV passages in the presence of 40 μM ciclesonide or 40 μM mometasone. A mutant virus that developed resistance to ciclesonide was generated. Next-generation sequencing identified an amino acid substitution in non-structural protein (NSP-15), an endoribonuclease, in the mutant virus. A recombinant virus containing this amino acid substitution overcame the antiviral effect of ciclesonide. The authors concluded that NSP15 is the molecular target of ciclesonide. The authors also observed that the mutant virus was still inhibited by mometasone, suggesting that the antiviral target of mometasone is different to that of ciclesonide."

I gather from this article that some corticosteroids could help.

article: https://www.cebm.net/covid-19/inhal...for-treatment-or-prevention-of-covid-19/