Originally Posted by Steve Redgwell
Originally Posted by Rickshaw
It seems the more I learn the less I know. Been reloading all my life thinking it was better than factory loads. At this point I'm overwhelmed with charge weight, powder, bullet, seating depth, case length, and other variables. Is there a resource that outlines the best steps to tweak first and gives a complete process? I've only used rcbs stuff. Think I've read here that the expander ball can cause issues with neck deformity when resizing and priming. At this point I don't know where to start or stop. I'd appreciate wisdom for reference materials. Thanks.

Rickshaw,

If you have been reloading for years, you know everything that's necessary. Any reloading manual has what you need inside, although I doubt you will learn anything new.

You are suffering from information overload. I suggest that you return to the roots. Much of what you read on this and other forums is unnecessary. If you were happy with your results, don't change a thing. Don't overthink things.

I agree with this. I liken it to many other things related to information overload. Until internet forums arrived, I did not even know that the Model 70 30-06 of my youth was "too heavy" to be carrying around the mountains. I guess when I was 12 I was a tougher S.O.B. than most adults today. I am guilty of seeking additional information on reloading; but, I know that the basics in my reloading manuals are sufficient.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ