Originally Posted by flintlocke
Just as an anecdote, several years back an amateur contributor to Precision Shooting magazine did a short article, I won't bore you with his testing and methodology, but the upshot was he tested something like 3 different powders, measured with a Harrell measure, weighed with a quality scale and a Lee Dipper Kit. Conclusion, with a nationally competitive heavy benchrest rifle of verified accuracy, no statistically significant difference between equipment and powder tested. The howls of outrage from the owners of the 300 buck Harrell measures were heard across the US.
I don't think the poor guy ever got another article published. I guess my point is, powder throw inconsistencies are probably one of the least of anybodies worries for extreme accuracy.

Charge accuracy has very little if anything to do with why BR shooters use the measures they do. If you understood how effective they are for range loading and/or keeping a BR rifle in tune you'd understand why shooters use them. Have fun with your spoons and I'll gladly continue using my Harrells measure.