have shot 100-200 yard bench rest,FTR class,1000yd. and other stuff, but i hunt with my handloads in the fall and many years ago i wasn`t happy because i couldn`t shoot small 1/4 inch groups with this one rifle i was going to hunt with. well my old hunting partner Jonny Bell said this to me that fall : you are not hunting mice your hunting deer so a 1 inch even a 1 1/2 inch group is good enough for regular deer hunting. so just enjoy yourself with your handloads ,i will say this the Berger handloading book is a excellent read about Walt Berger and Mule Deer`S Gun Gack volumes 1 & 2 are another great reads and he does have volume 3 coming out soon too. i will talk about this one 100-200 yard bench shoot i went too everyone was using all their hand hammer resizing tools and the Harrel powder measure except this telephone construction worker who came to the bench rest shoot that weekend with the company telephone truck and his telephone uniform on. he did have a nice rifle but all`s he had was a set of regular 2-die Redding reloading dies,a press he c-clamped down and a Redding powder measure and his 2 aluminum cleaning rods and some hoppe`s solvent. he kicked everyone`s butt that weekend with the best groups 100 and 200 yards,best averages. i was new to all this and shot in the middle of the pack but this telephone lineman sure gave those guys a eye opener with his average reloading equipment.

Last edited by pete53; 07/08/20.

LIFE NRA , we vote Red up here, Norseman