I have a rifle chambered in .250 Savage with a custom made Krieger 1:9 twist barrel. It's a shooter. I mostly shoot heavier bullets in it. I have shot 117 grains but my favorite is the Combined Technologies 110 grain Ballistic Tip. However, if I could find some heavier bullets I would give them a spin. I can shoot 120s in it but that's not a lot of gain over the 117. I want to find something like a 130 grain and give it a whirl. But that would be strictly for paper punching at long range. For hunting I'm different in that I don't believe in shooting at game animals beyond about 400 yards. You can tell me until you're blue in the face all the merits of that but I will still tell you that no matter what you do you can't guarantee a clean kill. Wind is your nemesis and always will be. Unless you have wind flags or a digital read out at the target you can't tell me that you will know wind dope at every shot at game. There's too much game that gets gut shot because of people trying to kill game at extreme ranges. Elevation has a mathematical solution. If you know your drops and your range you can make a shot for elevation. But throw in the wind and it gets iffy. Iffy is not ethical when shooting at game. That's why I will always put a limit on my shots. You can practice all you want but you can't overcome the wind correctly every time.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!