Originally Posted by pete53
Originally Posted by Kaleb
Originally Posted by rickt300
Define your idea of long range. Are you in the reasonable camp of up to 450 yards or are you in the hail Mary camp of 600 yard shooting at unwounded game?

Careful. Many people are far more accurate at 600 than a lot of us are at 350. Let’s not say something is a Hail Mary just because it is too far for you or me. Plenty of deer get wounded by people who never practice and take shots at your reasonable distances. Most people I know in real life have never practiced past 200 yards yet will shoot at a deer at 3-400 yards. Lots of guys practice at 1,000 yards and 500-600 yards would be a pretty easy shot for them.

AGREED X2 don`t be fooled a .257 caliber shoots a long ways out too as does a .277 caliber

Put me in this camp too. Either one will do nicely at ethical hunting ranges. If you want to punch paper at super long ranges (Anything over 600 yards) get a Crudmoor and have at it. But if you're shooting at game these two are just as good. In fact they may be better. No, neither one has a gazillon different bullets available but there's plenty to do what they were designed for, hunt at ethical ranges and kill game DRT.

Last edited by Filaman; 08/15/20.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!