Originally Posted by 358wsm

Filaman (and all others),

Great posts... I'm enjoying this immensely.

Admittedly, I've been stepping this way, and that, thinking I needed the horsepower of the 25-06 and/or the 270 (of which I currently have of the latter and formerly had the 25-06 A.I. at one time) for the longer work. That 25-06 A.I. was a Hotrod and a Deer Slayer with its preferred 100 gr NPT and 115 gr NPT.

Early on someone said, "6 Creed."
Being my donor is LA, I honestly had not considered dropping down in bore size - BUT - I am a handloader, I have case forming experience - And I am liking the performance of what I am seeing with the 105's and 107's - and the options given in that caliber such as the 85 TTSX and the Partitioned and Bonded offerings as well. LOTS to Like.

And it clearly gets recoil down.

Without any other changes, seems it would be incredibly easy to neck down the 25-06 (or even the 270) to 6mm and run with it.

I really Like That Option.

The 6mm-06 is a simple option and takes advantage of the LA mag box. My 25" Bartlein 1:9 will push the 105 Berger at 3400 before maxing out. 3300 and change has been a comfortable place to run with good accuracy and brass life. I use a combination of .25-06 and .243 dies to neck down and size .25-06 brass. The berger has killed everything we sent it through (p dogs, coyotes, antelope, whitetails and mulies) from 100 to 500+. Farthest on deer sized game was 425 but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot farther if conditions were good.

Truth be told I wouldn't mind a bullet that held together a tad better when shooting anything bigger than antelope. The berger tends to stay inside on mule deer and bigger whitetails. Kills great but not much of a blood trail if you have one get out of sight. I may try the 95 LRX like was previously mentioned.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]