Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
Originally Posted by Jeffrey
[quote=bsa1917hunter]I know we have played this game before, but here it is. Eating elk backstrap tonight as a matter of fact....

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/lAQNcQj.jpg[mnquote]

Love the stock on that rifle, BSA. What colors and stock model do you have there?

Thanks, that is a Brown poundR. I painted it myself about 20 times before I called it good. Its a combo of brown texture paint, dark brown and a matte clear. Its a real tough finish that almost replicates McMillan's dark brown color.

This reminds me of my .280 Remington built on a 98 Mauser with a 26" Shaw barrel. When I first had it built I didn't want to spend the money to have it blued and a friend had some browning fluid left over from a Muzzle Loader build he gave me. I browned it and that barrel looked like a 26" Turd. I later had it properly blued and it looks a lot better.

I've never been elk hunting so I don't have an elk rifle. However, my favorite rifle and the one I'd most likely take elk hunting is my old push feed Model 70 in .270 Winchester. I've had it the longest and killed many more deer with it.

Last edited by Filaman; 07/08/20. Reason: never

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!