Originally Posted by Onpoint
I just had 2 of the CLR converted to 280AI and 30-06 Serengeti by Dan Coffin out in Montana. I should get them back next week or so. I did a couple changes. One was bartlein barrels. I used one of Melvin's stocks on the 280Ai and a Pendelton on the Serengeti. Both have jewel triggers and Harrell brakes. I was told by my buddy that lives out there that the Serengeti weighed in at 5lb 2oz. Looking forward to getting them back.

Will be very interested in seeing pics and details after you get them back. I have another CLR 270 sitting in the box and trying to decide what to do with it. Douglas barrel would not be my first choice but that's what Melvin likes to use and guarantees with his builds so I took his advice.

Used his load data with V140 and 140BTs and took to range to sight it. It shot .75" with it so probably will just go with it for deer season this year. Not a screaming load, right at 2850fps but plenty for deer out to 400yds here east of Mississippi River.

If I reschedule my out west hunt, I will work up a load with 160ABs for a do everything load.