I have a 1950 Russian SKS in great shape, pristine bore, bayonet sling...got it back in early '90's for about $100. We were all buying them then, for fun. One day we all went to the range for an SKS shoot, buddy from out of town shows up with his new (to him) Chinese SKS. We set up some targets and started banging away. He was standing between my brother and me, raises the rifle for a first shot and it buzzed through about 10 rounds with the first trigger pull. He just stood there staring at it.

Eleven or twelve years ago, I took a Russian guy fishing a few times, he was a Russian army officer (long story). Anyway, after fishing we went back to my house and he follows me into my shop and starts studying the shelves of ammo. His daughter, who was interpreting for us, came in and, through her I saked if he liked guns. When I opened up the safe, he went weak in the knees....never saw so many privately owned guns in his life. Amazed that we were allowed to own AR's. When I reached back into the safe and pulled out the Russian SKS, his eyes lit right up. He took it and went right through this whole manual of arms that finished with snapping it down and back so the bayonet popped out and was deployed. Cool.

Mathew 22: 37-39