Originally Posted by MontanaMan
It's not about whether they work as far a target performance goes or not, it's about the mechanics of an AR's firing system.

Most AR's, after firing & when another round is chambered, will allow the FP, by inertia, to strike/touch the primer..................various specific guns will have this to a varying degree.

If you have a combination whereas your rifle's FP is prone to it, combined with a thinner, softer cup thickness, then you could have a combination that will generate slam fires.

Much has to do with the particular gun's setup & the velocity of the bolt as it slams into battery; obviously, harder is more likely to be a problem than slower, softer.

Here's a listing of various primers & cup thicknesses.........................for my part, I avoid Win, Federal, & CCI 400 & Rem 6 1/2's unless absolutely necessary to use them

JMHO, YMMV.

MM

Primer Cup Thickness

Yeah that article was written 25yrs ago. Bill Clinton was President, top 3 songs in 1995 were 1-“Gangsta's Paradise" Coolio featuring L.V. 2- “Waterfalls" TLC 3- “Creep” TLC The WSR went through a redesign 10yrs ago and all bullet companies pretty much use it in there load data. But hey what do bullet companies know.

Last edited by 79S; 07/10/20.

Originally Posted by Bricktop
Then STFU. The rest of your statement is superflous bullshit with no real bearing on this discussion other than to massage your own ego.

Suckin' on my titties like you wanted me.