Originally Posted by Hotrod_Lincoln
Originally Posted by Leanwolf
Source???

A retired Navy officer who coordinated the coverup. He shared the story with my father in the early 1950's at a family reunion. In the 70-something years I was priveleged to know Dad, I never knew him to lie about anything. The situation was supposed to be a murder-suicide pact between Roosevelt and his mistress. She shot him, and then didn't have the fortitude to kill herself.

H.R.L., I am not saying your father was a liar, but that story told by a retired Navy officer, just does not make any sense whatsoever.

FDR wanted his mistress to blow off his head and then she was to commit suicide?? Huh? A Navy officer involved in the "coverup" of the murder of a sitting President by his favorite squeeze?? Huh?? What happened to the murdering mistress afterward?? No one in the Secret Service ever mentioned anything about what happened on their watch?

And now, 75 years later this is the first anyone's heard about the "murder" of FDR? Way too many holes in this story for credibility.

As I said, the story just does not make a lick of sense.

Thanks for the reply.

My opinion.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)