Originally Posted by Stophel
Originally Posted by ElkSlayer91
And about 97% of the existing citizenry today would "roll over and accept losing their right to bear arms too".

A lot of the 3% who would fight would most likely die, and who knows if they'd win, .....

I believe this is absolutely true. Just look at how many people are going around wearing masks today! And no one is even pointing a gun at them. All it took was to be told by an "authority figure" that it was "for the greater good"....

As a result of a decree from Tommy the Commie, AKA governor of PA, you gotta wear a damn mask in order to purchase a needed item in certain stores. I assure you that the fact I’ll wear a damn mask does not reflect on my commitment to my rights.
You’ve gotta pick your battles. Wearing a freakin mask is an idiotic pain in the azz, but it’s NOT a hill worth dying on.
Rights are God given, not government decreed. Know what is worth defending, and act accordingly.
There’s an awful lot of people who feel just like me. I don’t doubt that a vast majority of gun owners would comply with a ban/turn in order.
But wearing a mask to avoid a hassle doesn’t make a good comparison.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden