Originally Posted by gonehuntin
The news media and Congress LIED to the American people and covered up the fact that FDR was a cripple (Frank the Crippled Commie), no telling how much other nonsense about that bastard was also covered up.

Well the news media did not do a very good job of hiding the fact that FDR was a cripple. Many, many people around the U.S. knew he'd had polio and had to use braces to walk, etc. My mother and father certainly knew it as they'd talk about it during WW II, etc. FWIW, I was eight years old when FDR died and I remember it and the subsequent state funeral, which was filmed and shown in movie news at theaters.

Just an aside here, supposin' H.R.L's. story were true. I would think that the Navy officer who was out telling the story would be somewhat concerned about his own longevity, no matter it was several years after the fact. Given the enormity of such a "plot," there would have been numerous conspirators who would have had to be "disappeared." How did a Navy officer involved in the "coverup," escape??? And there would have been many others.

By the way, I know about the secrecy of the Manhattan Project, but Stalin knew about it long before Truman told him, thanks to Fuchs and other Russian spies in the U.S. People talk, quite often when they should not.

As I said, in my opinion it does not make any sense to me.

L.W.

"Always go straight forward, and if you meet the devil, cut him in two and go between the pieces." (William Sturgis, clipper ship captain, 1830s.)