started my ladder diving in 1975. stepping off top rung of a 26 foot aluminium. it slid straight out at the bottom. i left claw marks from the top of the wall to where i hit. also took out 3 sets of fireblocks on the way down. broke both ankles and 3 vertebra in my back . the thing that hurt worst was the handle of my framing hammer smacking me up side the head. crazyDr at that time told me id be in a wheel chairby the time i was 45. haven't believed a Dr since.
the wife won't let me on a ladder anymore. she has a builtin radar so that all i have to do is pick one up hundreds of feet away and she appears with that look on her face.
have some siding needs replaced and she won't let me do it.
was staining the siding one time on the upper floor . standing on the porch roof. 4/12 pitch. easy peasy. stepped on a patch of ice. brand new carhart coveralls. 1 gallon of $50 a gallon stain. Daughter was sitting inside the picture window as i went by. "Mom, dad fell off the roof again" and went back to watching tv.
still have the coveralls, they stand up by themselves, so stiff with stain.

Last edited by deerstalker; 07/12/20.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~