Originally Posted by dale06
Originally Posted by Happy_Camper
Reminds me that tomorrow I will be climbing a 40" ladder.
I need to buy a tree stand harness or rig one on my own shortly.

They’re lifesavers.
I was 18-20’ up an oak tree putting in a tree stand, about 10 years ago. Both feet were on wet screw in steps. It was raining lightly. My feet slipped and I fell backwards.
But I was wearing a harness and linesman belt. Instead of falling backward 20’, I fell 2-3’ and was slammed into that oak tree trunk. Knocked the wind out of me and scared me a lot. Also pretty sore a few days.
I’ll never get in a tree stand unless I’m on a lifeline from ground up and back down.

I appreciate that illustration Dale.

I'm a very high risk personality.
Came close to buying the farm too many times to remember.
I started writing down my near death experiences.just to quit forgetting and realized that I have to write at least two books. 😄 It'll be a series when I include my biography of my late Dad.

That said, my friends saw the scores of trees that I have to top and trim and told me of another bud who fell at that distance 18-20'. His attorny son checked insurance actuaries and said he was fortunate to break as many bones as he did. From that one fall he had an 80% chance of dying. If someone is on blood thinners too it just takes a bump on the head.

Reminds me of James 4

"Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapour, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away."