Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Seems like the gist here is whether a teacher should be on salary or paid by the hour, and in this time of Covid whether the contract should be breached and the salary should be retroactively cut.
These debates generally fall into two camps; those that know actual teachers and those that don't.
Sherm; fugg those ragging on your missus, its just casual Campfire spite anyhow.
FWIW I already have my contract for next year, but there's always a clause every year that they don't have to honor it if enrollment changes.
Time will tell <"shrug">
The taxpayers should stop paying full pay and benefits for what is going on now and the school shutdown would end real quick. I have a daughter and son in law that are teachers and are the parents of my two beautiful grand daughters. I love all of them far more than I love my own life but I think it's bullsht to close school for months over this virus and we all know it and they know it. But I strongly suspect they are enjoying getting full pay and not having a schedule to keep. They are somewhat teaching online but only the really motivated students are getting anything out of it is my belief.

Patriotism (and religion) is the last refuge of a scoundrel.

Jesus: "Take heed that no man deceive you."