Joezone;
Good afternoon to you sir, I hope the week was a good one and this finds you well.

If I may be honest, I had a rough idea how far south Mt. Rainier is, but looked to be sure.

There's absolutely every chance in the world a grizzly would walk that far - it's only 155 miles south of the medicine line into BC and especially young males will go that far here. The bios I've chatted with indicated that a male will have an "average" area of 200 - 500 square miles, but if a youngster got an especially bad beating from a dominant male, there's no telling how far they'd wander to find an area for themselves.

They travel from two valleys east of us over through our valley and another to the west before hitting the area north of the Pasayten and North Cascades National Park. In fact I read that "they" figure there are "fewer than 10" grizzly bears in the North Cascades, but how they'd know that without a collar on them I'm not sure.

Anyway sir, for what I know of grizzly bears, which admittedly isn't much first hand, but an area of interest for me, I can see that happening for sure.

All the best to you as we head into the hot part of summer.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"