Actually. Yes. When it comes to figuring out medically what is wrong. Unless you know how to interpret labs, symptoms,EKG, imaging, and what diseases typically cause such changes. Then I’d say yes. We do know more than you about you from a medical disease process standpoint. Most times people have theories or believe they know what is wrong with them. They are wrong typically. WebMD and come to ER thinking they have some crazy disease process. Every once in a while they are right. So you listen and address the concerns Rather than just wright it off. History of present illness is very important, as is past medical history

In this case the young girl has one reported symptom. Tachycardia. Very vague symptom minus any other pertinent information or symptoms. I would love to know more as that would be very helpful in guiding dad on specific questions he should be asking and tests he should be requesting.

I do find it very important to listen to what my patients are telling me, and if they have any thoughts as to what is causing their symptoms. Sometimes they have a hx of such and know exactly what is wrong. Definitely makes your job easier Or they give you a part of the history that is the key to figuring it out.

I simply corrected a couple of people suggesting things that are either highly unlikely(afib) in a kid and would have been diagnosed very quickly, or aren’t entirely correct