I was about to say I just don't see any advantage, other than maybe some possible limited reticle choice, going with the 2.5-8 but then........ think I might have a change of heart..

I agree with Okanagan's points. I have come to really appreciate a wider field of view at lowest powers. It's a big part of why I have gone to variables over the fixed 6x's these days. THe 8x has An extra 8 feet or so at 100 yards over the 10x but that is even more noticeable inside fo that which is not uncommon for me to run into.

I normally don't take shots at extreme ranges and for typical work inside of 200 yards I don't much notice 9x (or okay - 10x) being much of a workable improvement over 6x - even less when talking 8x .

Yes the smaller scope is one ounce lighter (immaterial) and your rail makes the purchase area of the rings also immaterial.

One thing that jumped out at me when I looked at specs was the adjustments. 52 MOA for the 10x vs 67 MOA for the 8x.

This has me beginning to wonder if I should rather ask what does the 10x offer me over the smaller?

Last edited by kenjs1; 07/27/20.

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius