Originally Posted by PennDog
Need to shoot a deer with it this season.

Originally Posted by gunner500
Wow, I had no idea the 32-40 WCF was so liked here, I have a 1897 year model '94 Winchester with beautiful 26 inch octagon barrel, Lyman tang peep sight with dual apertures, with super cool folding front sight that has a hooded bead for target and a little ivory bead for hunting, I fire 178gr cast lead flat nosed bullets at an easy 1600 fps with H-335 powder in WW brass, it's an accurate little lever action rifle.

Need to shoot a deer with it this season.

I have an Savage 1899 in .32-40 like Fireball’s and need to get a deer with it as well!!

An interesting fact about that front sight you have on your 1893 gunner500 is that little ivory bead is actually a plug that can be driven through the sight to get a “fresh” bead should the current one get broken off (you may already have know that so I apologize if I’m going over old ground but I found that fascinating - that they thought it through to that level, although they did tend to think a little more overall back then😄!).

PennDog
[/quote]

PennDog, that '99 Savage sounds like a nice one too, saw your post, went and had a look, indeed there is hole drilled all the way through the portion of the sight that holds the little ivory bead, had never looked that close, getting my old guns mixed up again, my serial number of 184xxx dates to a 1900 year model '94 in 32-40.

Trump Won!