Originally Posted by Bugger
Originally Posted by gnoahhh
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Have only known a few people who owned Austin-Healys and .32-40s, but all reported Austin-Healys wore out quicker than .32-40s, either mechanically or emotionally.

Hush your mouth!! grin At least a Healey has more velocity than a .32-40. cool laugh
(I'm as much of a British sports car loonie as I am a rifle loonie. Currently running a pristine 1970 MGBGT, on nice days while waiting for the next thing to break...) MG-TC hopefully in my near future- if you see me selling off a bunch of guns you'll know why.

I bought a MG (newer version of the Austin Healey) new in ‘73. $2,480 for list price.

My oldest frined I met at 16 is a Canadian who had a Sprite along with a book called "How to modify your Mini." which put all sorts of notions in his head. We removed that engine , without exaggeration, a dozen times. Unbolt, wrap rope around it, suspend from wight bar and carry it into his Dads garage at first but later and far more often into second floor apartments. Ok- not the best tenet but he had gotten married young. Fond memories. His wife would ask how long we would be messing with the car r- then very cutely she would double the time estimate he told her - and made sure to have chile or sloppy joes + corn on the cob ready for us. I should have bought Michelob stock back then. Sigh.....good times.

His younger sister was my first love (still a looker in my book) and she now owns a beautifully rebuilt MGBGT We still call her Mowy- her nickname derived from "MOWOG"- nearly 40 years later so how is that for an MG story?

Oh- that 32-40 thing looks kinda cool too. .

When a country is well governed, poverty and a mean condition are something to be ashamed of. When a country is ill governed, riches and honors are something to be ashamed of
. Confucius